Am I a good candidate for buccal fat removal? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Buccal fat removal
- You would be a good candidate because it will give more definition for your face
- Seek out an expert in your area
- The procedure is relatively straightforward with incisions inside the mouth and dissolvable sutures
Am I a good candidate for buccal fat removal? = Yes you could! #fb #buccalfatpad #cheeks #drmesa #doctormesa
Young patients with full cheeks are ideal candidates for treatment with buccal fat pad removal. By removing the buccal fat pad (fat that makes the lower face/ lower cheeks fuller) the cheek bones are going to look more prominent, thus giving the face a chiseled ("V" shape appearance).
Buccal fat pad removal could be complemented with mild cheek bone augmentation with fillers ( like Voluma or Radiesse) to significantly enhance the results of the buccal fat pad removal.
Patients interested in cheek reduction with buccal fat pad removal should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in procedures on the face
John Mesa MD
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
New York City (#NYC) & New Jersey (#NJ)
Excess cheek fat at 22
- You are a good candidate for buccal fat reduction.
- You have full cheeks -
- You know the fat doesn't go away in older relatives so it is reasonable to have the fat reduced now.
- Find a plastic surgeon who does this - and have the fat reduced, not totally removed.
- The fat in the cheek extends up along the jaw - total removal is not advisable.
- Reducing the excess will give definition to your face.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
You might also like...
Buccal fat pad removal
I hope this helps.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.