Am I a good candidate for buccal fat removal? (Photo)

I'm thinking about a buccal fat removal, I'm 22 but I've always had my cheeks like this, doesn't matter how much weight I lose. My mom has them, even my aunt and my cousins. Thanks for your help doctors!

Buccal fat removal

Dear irangie,

• You would be a good candidate because it will give more definition for your face
  • Seek out an expert in your area
  • The procedure is relatively straightforward with incisions inside the mouth and dissolvable sutures

Dr. Nima

Am I a good candidate for buccal fat removal? = Yes you could! #fb #buccalfatpad #cheeks #drmesa #doctormesa

Young patients with full cheeks are ideal candidates for treatment with buccal fat pad removal. By removing the buccal fat pad (fat that makes the lower face/ lower cheeks fuller) the cheek bones are going to look more prominent, thus giving the face a chiseled  ("V" shape appearance).

Buccal fat pad removal could be complemented with mild cheek bone augmentation with fillers ( like Voluma or Radiesse) to significantly enhance the results of the buccal fat pad removal.

Patients interested in  cheek reduction with buccal fat pad removal should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in procedures on the face

John Mesa MD

New York City (#NYC) & New Jersey (#NJ)

John Mesa, MD

Excess cheek fat at 22

Thank you for asking about your buccal fat removal.

• You are a good candidate for buccal fat reduction.
  • You have full cheeks -
  • You know the fat doesn't go away in older relatives so it is reasonable to have the fat reduced now.
  • Find a plastic surgeon who does this - and have the fat reduced, not totally removed.
  • The fat in the cheek extends up along the jaw - total removal is not advisable.
  • Reducing the excess will give definition to your face.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Buccal fat pad removal

Your picture would suggest that you are a great candidate! Go find a great cosmetic surgeon near you, have them feel your cheeks, and you'll get a more accurate opinion then I can give you from a photo.

Robert K. Sigal, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon