Am I a good candidate for a Breast Reduction? (photos)

I've been insecure about to breasts for sometime now, within the last year they have started to sag more and i would like to get a reduction

Am I a good candidate for a Breast Reduction?

Thank you for the question. Based on your description and pictures, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery.  This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations to perform. However, much more information is needed to determine whether you should proceed with surgery, and if so when (timing).  In my practice, I individualize the “timing” of surgery based on a lot of information that is transmitted during the consultation process.  

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.

Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well.. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure.  Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.

When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  Once you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, it will be important for you to communicate her goals carefully as well. In my practice, I asked patients to use as many “visual aids”, such as goal photographs, during the communication process. Be careful about utilizing terms such as “ideal” ( there is no such thing), "C or D cup” and/or “proportionate"… these terms can be confusing, since they may mean different things to different people.  Once you have communicated your goals,  your chosen plastic surgeon will be able to give you an estimate of how much breast tissue will likely need to be removed to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps.  Best wishes.

Are you a candidate for a BR?

Also known as reduction mammoplasty, this is an operation intended to reduce the size of a woman's breasts and improve their shape and position. Frequently, the areola (dark skin around the nipple) is also made smaller. Functional symptoms (medical disorders) caused by excessive breast weight may be relieved or improved by this operation. Breast reduction procedures are ideal for:

• Women who have large, heavy breasts, which may be the cause of movement difficulties, back, shoulder and neck pain, poor posture, bra-strap indentations and chafing under the breasts will benefit from reduction.
  • Women with excessive breast size, which may decrease a sense of attractiveness and self-confidence, are candidates.
  • Women with large breasts that interfere with normal daily activities or with exercise will be more comfortable when reduced.

Good candidate for breast reduction?

I believe you are a good candidate for a reduction, but if your primary concern is sagging, you may be seeking a breast lift.  A reduction does provide a lift effect, but is mainly done to make the breasts smaller.  When position of the breasts is the main concern, a lift with or without removal of tissue, is preferred.  

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question and pictures, yes you look like a great candidate for a reduction,consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Breast reduction

If you desire a breast reduction, then you should go for consultation with a plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.  After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Reduction

Thank you for the photo and you appear to be an excellent candidate for a reduction mammoplasty so go on some consults and be evaluated in person and become informed about the desired procedure

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Reduction Surgery

Thank you for your question. The pictures you have provided indicate that you would benefit from Breast Reduction surgery. It would be best to make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to go over your options together in person. Some of my happiest patients are my Breast Reduction patients. This surgery should help to alleviate any pain, discomfort you are experiencing.

Good Luck!

Candidate for breast reduction?

Thank you for asking about your breast reduction.

• You appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast reduction.
  • You will have the option of a short scar vertical lift that will need a small revision in 6 months for excess skin.
  • Or an anchor incision that will be unlikely to require revision but will leave a long, possibly permanently unsightly scar in the breast crease. 
  • Please have your plastic surgeon explain your options so you can decide which is better for you.
  • These are excellent operations  and you are going to be very happy with your result.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Reduction? #breastreduction

• The photos you've provided demonstrate very large breasts for your frame. 
  • You can expect a breast reduction performed by a board certified plastic surgeon (ASPS) to give you very nice results! You appear to be an excellent candidate for this operation. 
  • The breast reduction will give you perkier breasts that are lifted as well as smaller breasts. 
  • Definitely meet with a plastic surgeon to be evaluated and to find out more.
  • Thanks for sharing!