7 Day post op" 650 cc high profile sub glandular silicone implants. Any suggestions? (photos)

Is the swelling the reason for my areola to be different in color? Also is it normal for my right breast to look more swollen than my left this has me kind of iffy???

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

You are doing just fine

You look great. There is no reason to worry at this time.  Enjoy your new look. Slight difference in swelling is quite usual and within normal range. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Different

You are still early in your healing process and need to give yourself time for the swelling to subside, your tissues relax, and the implants settle. Bruising is still common at this time. You do have two different breasts and they do not always heal at the same rate. Please discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Early breast result

Thanks for your inquiry.  Swelling can cause your areola to have different colors.  It is hard for me to access size difference from a picture alone, but it is not uncommon for breast to be asymmetrical in the first week.  Please see your plastic surgeon to be examined and discuss if you are concerned.  

7 days post operation

Hello and thank you for your question.
Yes, the swelling and the bruising combined could be the reason you see a different color on your areola. It is very normal for your breast to be asymmetrical at this point in the healing process. This is because of many factors but in your case it seems to be because the right breast is still more swollen from the surgery. This will happen because of the way the body works - both breasts will heal at their own rate based on factors such as the amount of trauma to the tissue during surgery or the tightness of the chest muscles before operation. 

Remember the healing process is going to take some time - up to 4-6 months - for you to see your final results without any of the swelling, and having them "drop and fluff" which actually looks like will happen for you soon. 

Do not be worried - for one week post operation - you are healing exceptionally. Stay in contact with your surgeon and make sure to follow up in person for the best recovery experience possible. You will have all questions answered to ease your mind and a doctor to tend to your incisions and know if they are healing properly.

Best wishes

Traci Temmen, MD 

Traci Temmen, MD