5 months post breast augmentation with numbness and tingling between shoulder blades

I've notice I get numbness and tingling between my shoulder blades since the surgery. What could be causing this? How can I treat it?

5 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Numbness may be from positioning

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry that you are having problems. If the sensation you are experiencing started immediately after surgery, it could be from the position you were in. If the arms are outstretched for a significant period of time this can stress the area you are referring to. It is certainly uncommon to have it persist for this long. It might be worth seeing a physical therapist or chiropractor to see about strengthening that area. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD