375ccUHP smooth Rounds. How different is the recovery/healing time and method for UHP implants. 2 weeks post op. (photo)

My PS seems to not have much limit to what I can and can't do the only restrictions I have from him is not lifting 10lb and not working out upper body other than that I have a green light to do everything. My concern is 10lb isn't a lot of weight and I do a lot of arm movements as I'm a mother, (household chores)student (carrying back pack) hairdresser (arms constantly moving) . I want to have the best results and worried about too much activity as my PS seems to not be concerned.

Recovery after UHP implants

I don't think it matters which profile implant you have with regard to the pace of your recovery.  It sounds like your PS has given you pretty standard and reasonable advice. Generally, if you use common sense and don't do anything too suddenly, you will be fine. Of course, if you wish to limit yourself to less lifting (say, 5 pounds) in order to be overly cautious, that will be fine as well.  It is important that you walk around after surgery. In summary, the implant profile shouldn't in and of itself, influence your post-operative restrictions. 

After breast augmentation

Hi, congratulations for your breast augmentation surgery. Common sense is paramount, even you can do most of your activities you must be careful in going too far. A rude movement even with light weight could be harmful.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Advice post surgery

There are not absolute rules but only guidelines and sometime you have to be practical  - essentially all heavy lifting should be avoided but essential light to moderate lifting can be done but the frequency minimised - the golden rule is if it does not feel right then stop doing it

Is the recovery time different based on implant shape?

The recovery time can be different for breast implant positional placement (above or below the muscle).  Other than that, the shape of the implant is usually irrelevant and it sounds as though the advice that your plastic surgeon has given you is pretty standard.  I would agree with him.  Best of luck with your continued recovery!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

A patient to post a maxtoplastia of this increase, must necessarily have completed the second stage of healing,

for a patient to pos a maxtoplastia of increase this well, has necessarily that have completed the second stage of the healing, that coincides with 15 to 17 days. alsotraditionally use retroglandular or retromuscular placement will depend on the contents of glandular breast tissue, of the degree of fall of the breast and the excess skin and implants ultra high profile and the choice of approach

Franklin De Jesus, MD

Activity concerns after breast augmentation surgery?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. The recovery experience and/or postoperative restrictions will not necessarily depend on the breast implant profile utilized. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to your specific line of work and/or activities. He/she will know how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. 

Generally, most patients are able to return to the “desk job” within 5 to 7 days. More strenuous work, for example involving lifting or extensive upper body movement, will require more time off. ***Generally, I ask patients to ease back into activity slowly and "listen to their bodies" as they do so.