I'm 34, 1 child, good tone, 34a/b. 5'5" 130lbs, 11cm. Any suggestions?

325cc Sintera Moderate Plus Profile. I had two consults with different doctors. One suggested that no bigger than 300cc-325cc with sintera mod plus profile. . I had 3d image done and while then look great on the side view the front view they look just a smaller than what I want.I want to be a large C to small D. Then the other doctor measured me at a 13cm and suggested 375cc-400cc.I tried on sizers in his offer and I liked to look of 375cc.

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Different sizes

I have had excellent results with Sientra implants.  They have the best warranty because problems are so rare.  The object of a breast augmentation is to be able to have your breast stop being an issue.  I do a lot of breast implants, breast reductions and breast lifts.  Being too big can be more of a problem than not being big enough.  

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Any suggestions on implant size?

Thank you for sharing your question and I can understand the frustration that often accompanies implant sizing.  Without an in-person examination to assess your tissue quality and key breast parameters, I find that most patients are best served by trying on the implants in the office to see what they would look like while "on."  Your two physician measurements are quite different so you may wish to find another opinion to better help your decision making.  Depending on your goal desire and breast dimension you may be able to go up in relative sizing to the upper 300 range but in a high profile implant to maintain your breast width measurements.  Hope this helps. 

Best breast implants for me?

It is extremely common to receive different opinions from different plastic surgeons about the best way to treat a specific “problem”. Each plastic surgeon may have his/her opinion that is based on their specific/unique education, experience, and personal preferences. Their opinions may also be shaped by unfavorable results they have encountered in their practices. It is quite amazing how adamant each plastic surgeon can be about the superiority of his/her recommendations…

Although these different opinions can be confusing and a source of anxiety for patients, it is good for patients to understand the different options available. Ultimately, it will be up to each patient to do their due diligence and select their plastic surgeon carefully. Part of this selection process will involve the patients becoming comfortable with the plastic surgeon's experience level and abilities to achieve their goals as safely and complication free as possible. If I were you, I would ask to see as many examples as possible of similar patients who your plastic surgeons have helped.

Ultimately, you will need to select your plastic surgeon carefully,  based (mainly) on your confidence level that he/she will be able to deliver your desired outcome.  If in doubt, seek additional opinions and/or meet with the doctors you are considering again.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "top heavy" or "large C or small D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Selecting the proper implant size for your frame?

From my experience a woman who has had one pregnancy and wishes to go from an A/B cup to a C/D cup would generally be expected to require an implant in the upper 300 mL range similar to your second doctor's recommendations.  Having had a child I would expect that your breast gland and skin has become more distensible and will accept and even require more volume to achieve an excellent shape and balance between skin and volume.  My preference is to agree on a size goal that is reasonable with my patient and then choose the final implant during surgery when test implants or sizers can be placed.  For most patients of your frame and size a mid-plus profile Sientra or Inspira cohesive silicone gel implant between 350 and 390 mL should achieve a full C or small D cup.  Allow your plastic surgeon to take responsibility and make the final implant selection during the procedure when the actual results can be seen.I hope that this helps.  For more useful info please watch the video link above.  Good luck and enjoy your results!
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

To answer questions regarding implant sizes for specific patients requires an examination. Perhaps you need to see another consultant. To measure your breast width and be different by almost an inch means someone is not doing a very good job of evaluating you. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD