2 weeks postop BA 375cc UHP do and don'ts. (Photo)

mother of two. 2yr and 4yr. I am doing driving now going to grocery store , laundry, house hold chores, bending over all while not lifting 10lbs. As this was the only restrictions my PS had. By 1 week I was cleared to do lower. But as far as pushing shopping carts, opening car doors ,driving turning steering wheel, opening public heavy doors. Seem to have been causing me to use chest muscles more and become in pain especially in my sternum! Is this normal ?? My PS doesn't seem concerned but I am

Its ok

Yes it looks fine and its ok to do what your doing,  Its also ok to have pain/discomfort that you are experiencing.  Try to minimize your upper arm movement and give it time to heal.

Normal

What you are describing is quite normal for the healing process after a breast augmentation surgery.  I always tell my patient to let pain guide you in what you are able to do.  If you have excess pain, you should probably slow down or stop the activity that most likely has caused your symptoms. 

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Recovery after breast augmentation

It is good that you are communicating with your surgeon as he/she should be the first stop for postoperative care instructions, restrictions, etc.  You will find that surgeons have varied practices in terms of postoperative instructions.  In my practice, I ask patients to take it easy for the first four weeks.  Stick to taking walks, activities of daily living, etc.  At 4 weeks, they can start non-impact cardio.  At 6 weeks, they can begin lifting weights (not isolated chest exercises).  At 8 weeks, they are unrestricted.  Again, these are general guidelines that I give my patients.  Everyone will have his or her own preferences.  Your surgeon knows the particulars of you and your surgery best!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

For my patients, I recommend no strenuous activity or heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon