My left eyelid seems to droop quiet a bit. What can cause this and what can I do to fix it? (photo)

It seems worsen when tired. I have noticed some nerve twitches here and there all over my body and wonder if it could be do to possible nerve damage. I have included a photo.

Eyelid

I agree with my colleagues. This looks like ptosis--eyelid drooping. It responds quite well to surgery. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or occuloplastic surgeon. Your primary care doctor can help you find someone.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Droopy left upper lid

I agree with Dr. Steinsapir.  It is likely that you have bilateral, asymmetric, ptosis, greater on the left side.  To my knowledge, there is nothing you can do to make it better yourself.  But very likely it would be amenable to eyelid surgery.  I would recommend that you see a fellowship trained oculofacial plastic surgeon.  You can check with the directory for asoprs.org for someone near you.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is bilateral upper eyelid ptosis that is worse on the left upper eyelid.

I recommend a careful assessment by a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  They can assess you for a potential neurologic condition as the basis for the ptosis.  They can also assess you for appropriate surgery to address the upper eyelid ptosis.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a regional directory on their website that can help you identify a well qualified surgeon close to home.

Droopy left eyelid

Thanks for the question.  As always, a full examination is helpful, but it would appear that you have a condition known as ptosis( droopy eyelid).  There are several conditions that an lead to this, but it may also occur because of gradual weakening of the muscles that are within the eyelid that maintain balance and equal position of the eyelid to the opposite eyelid.  You can have this verified with an examination by your Opthalmologist or local Plastic Surgeon.  This condition can be repaired, which should give you better balance.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Droopy lid that gets worse with fatigue

You appear to have ptosis, or a drooping of the left upper eyelid.  When I hear that a patient has a ptosis that significantly worsens with fatigue, I feel it is necessary to evaluate for a possible neuromuscular disorder called myasthenia gravis.  You should seek a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon in your area.  

Chaneve Jeanniton, MD
Brooklyn Oculoplastic Surgeon