Is my right breast deformed? (Photo)

I got small 150ccimplants. The left breast seems normal but the right had been weird since Day 1. I am 4 weeks out.

Asymmetry

Although you are still early in your recovery, you do have some post op asymmetry. My guess is that it was there pre-operatively and the implant as simply made it more noticeable. However, discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Is my right breast deformed?

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears your right breast fold is lower than your left.  Pre-op photos would be helpful to evaluate any asymmetry prior to surgery.  I would recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon and re-evaluatng final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that your right breast's fold is sitting lower than your left's.  It would have been helpful to see photos of you before your operation.  Most likely, the asymmetry that you have now was present before but was only accentuated by the breast augmentation.  I tell my patients to wait about 3 months before assessing the results of their surgeries or even considering a revision.  Continue to follow the instructions of your surgeon for the next couple months to see if and how your breasts change.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Deformed?

there are noticeable differences in your 2 breasts sizes and projection. i would need to see the preop photos to see if these differences were present before the surgery. everyone is different from side to side. the differences need to be identified b4 surgery and discussed. some can be improved and some can not... but these differences can be made less noticeable with a revision surgery. 

Are you deformed?

The answer to this question lies within you. Are you deformed? How do you feel about yourself? You and many others could very reasonably find yourself attractive and desirable. It does not matter what others think. How do you feel about yourself. If you are happy, be happy. If not, there are things that could be done to change your appearance. It is all up to you.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

Without seeing pre-op photos there is no way to know how much of this may represent pre-op asymmetry. At any rate, I suggest waiting at least 4-6 months before a final evaluation.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Is my right breast deformed?

Appears as you were asymmetric to shape, volume and chest position before the surgery. Thus implants only magnified theses difference. Revision with larger implant on left and lift on right side could improve... 

Concerned about right breast

Without seeing your preoperative photos, the right breast does not look malformed to me. Usually what happens in breast augmentation is that small differences between the two breasts can become more obvious once implants are placed below them.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Is my breast deformed?

At one month post op, much but not all of the swelling related to surgery is resolved.  Final settling in of the implants has not occurred either in all likelihood.  From the photographs, it would appear that there is a slight assymetry present which, if the implants are identical going in, is related to preop baseline breast size.  Small changes preop are sometimes more obvious in augmented breasts postop and at times have to be accepted or the surgeon can place a smaller size prosthesis on the larger preop side. 

Elliot Lach, MD

Concerned about right breast

Thank you for your question.  The photos don't show both breasts completely but from what is seen, the right breast does not looked deformed in my opinion.