Please advise if liposuction to arms is all that's needed or if a arm lift is the better option... (photo)

I would like any advise on whether I am a candidate for liposuction to both arms and shoulders or if a arm lift is the better option. I am 5'1...125 lbs. I lost around 40lbs post pregnancy but I feel my arms arm too stocky/chubby. I also feel that becuse of weight loss maybe my arms have enough loose skin which require a arm lift. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Sagging arm skin after pregnancy fat arms arm lift arm reduction VASER arm liposuction brachioplasty

Hello,Thank you for your question regarding arm liposuction versus an arm lift.  Also, thanks for your history and pictures.  You did not specifically mention your age, but from the pictures, you appear young. Age is a major factor and somewhat predicts the contractility of the skin.  In general, within reason, the younger you are, the better the arm skin will contract after arm liposuction.   I believe from your pictures and history that you might have the best results with VASER arm liposuction and liposculpturing.  Due to your young age and pictures of your arms, I believe VASER arm liposuction will achieve excellent results for you.  VASER arm liposuction takes about 90 minutes to perform under general anesthesia.  The recovery time is about one week.  During the healing process, I would suggest arm garments for six weeks.  I hope this answers your questions regarding arm liposuction or an arm lift. Again, I would go with a VASER arm liposuction.  If you have any other questions about an arm lift, brachioplasty, or VASER arm liposuction, please contact my office. Sincerely,Dr. J. Timothy Katzen

Lipo or armlift

No question that an arm lift gives better results, but it would not be worth the scar in my opinion. Choice is yours of course. I think you would get good improvement with liposuction alone.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Liposuction versus Brachioplasty in Melbourne, Florida

The question as to whether one would benefit more from liposuction to the arms versus a brachioplasty is dependent upon the degree of correction desired. While liposuction can remove excess fat, it does not remove excess skin, and therefore, may leave the arms looking loose and more sagging than before. My Melbourne, Florida, brachioplasty patients tend to be satisfied with correcting the excess skin by removing it. I recommend discussing this with your board-certified plastic surgeon. I hope this information is helpful to you. Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift or lipo

Thank you for your photos.  An arm lift will remove excess skin and fat from the area, but leaves a more significant scar than liposuction.  Liposuction can reduce the amount of fat in the area, but since it doesn't remove skin, can potentially leave the area looking "loose".  However in your case it appears that liposuction may be adequate to get good results.  It's always best to visit with a plastic surgeon in your area who can more specifically address your concerns and goals.  Good luck!

Camille Cash, MD

Liposuction or Arm Lift

Hi Ms Aria,
The surgical rejuvenation of the upper arms remains a persistent problem for both the patient and the surgeon, despite the many techniques that have been proposed for its improvement. The goal of the arm lift (brachioplasty) is to reduce skin redundancy and to reduce the circumference of the arm. When there is good skin tone or minimal skin sagging, fat deposits can be reduced by liposuction. But marked skin redundancy or laxity can only be improved by surgery. The incision has to be placed in an axillar crease and in the internal aspect of the arm along a line extending from the axilla to the epicondyle of the elbow. Then a piece of skin-dermis and fat is removed and the subcutis and skin are closed using routine aesthetic suturing.
Please Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.

Nazim Cerkes, MD
Istanbul Plastic Surgeon

Please advise if liposuction to arms is all that's needed or if a arm lift is the better option...

Thank you for the question and pictures. In my practice, I would not offer you arm lifting surgery; I think that it is "overkill" (downsides outweigh benefits). Liposuction surgeon may be helpful, assuming that the limited outcome associated with liposuction surgery is what you are hoping to achieve.  Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then communicate your goals carefully. Best wishes.

Liposuction or armlift

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you appear to be a better candidate for liposuction and a limited scar arm lift (restricted to the arm pit area).  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Please advise if liposuction to arms is all that's needed or if a arm lift is the better option..

Border line case. i might ofer SmartLipo Triplex + lipo to see if skin tightens. Plus postop Thermi Smooth 250 RF sessions (10@ $500/session additionally).