45 days post breast augmentation. How much pain should I be in?

The past 3 days both of my breast hurt, I feel burning sensation. Is that normal?

45 days post breast augmentation.

Thank you for your question. You´re probably feeling the post op feeling that comes and goes for a few months after surgery, this is part of the healing process and doesn´t mean there´s something wrong. Best is to check with your chosen surgeon to make sure everything is ok. 

Pain after BA

Hello,  thank you for your question.  Burning sensation,  suddenly pricks and changes of the sensitivity are normal.   The pain will most likely depend on which plane the implants were placed.  The under the muscle plane will have a much painful recovery.  Conversely,  the over the muscle plane by day 45 will usually have minor discomfort.  Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

45 days post breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Most likely you are experiencing normal healing sensations, but best to follow up with your surgeon.  Best of luck.

Breast augmentation

Any change in your condition should be evaluated in person by your surgeon. Best of luck with your results.

Burning sensation 45 days after BA

Thank you for your question.It is important for you to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have seeing as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best. You are still quite early on in your recovery and you may experience different sensations throughout your recovery period such as burning and tingling. Keep an eye out for symptoms such as fever or the skin is red and/or hot to touch as this can be sign of infection and you should contact your surgeon immediately.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Pain

By 45 days, most of your pain/discomfort should be intermittent reminders that you recently had surgery. Many of my patients have little "reminders" of surgery for six months or more. These small sensations are not typically a sign of anything wrong. merely changes accompanying the healing process.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

You may have over exerted and now are having pain. I would suggest calling your surgeon and asked to be seen. Your healing time is a year, and you may notice some discomfort from time to time during the first 3 months.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

You mention that the pain has been present for three days.  Is it improving? Worsening? Staying the same?  Is it on one side or both?  If it is improving, it is most likely part of the healing process.  If it is not improving or is worsening then I would contact your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Camille Cash, MD

Pain after breast augmentation

If one of your breasts is not swollen compared to the other side, then probably this is just normal post op pain from increased activity.  Burning sensation is normal as the nerves start to regenerate.  Let your PS know about your pain.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Most likely

Most likely normal but if persistent, I would follow up with your surgeon.  Evaluation is important to make sure you are on your way to recovery.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS