How would I make my ears not floppy?

I want my ears to get smaller and get closer look like other people

Doctor Answers 3

Smaller ears

Dear Jasmine,

Thank you for your question. unfortunately without photos it is hard to address your specific concerns.  However,  if you are wishing to have a procedure to make your tears smaller and closer to your head, then I would recommend investigating otoplasty.  This is a surgical technique that is able to reshape the ears into a new position and new dimension  with reliable results.  It is also very common procedure ( I performed one yesterday).  It is important to find an expert in your area who specializes in surgery of the face and ears.  I hope this is helpful to you.

Be healthy and be well,

James M.  Ridgway, M.D., FACS

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 92 reviews

Floppy ears suggest excessively prominent ears

and if that is what you mean, an otoplasty could easily rectify your concerns.  The specific technique would be dependent on what your surgeon appreciated during your consultation and what scars and sutures you are willing to accept.  In general, the top of your ear should protrude around 2 cm away from your skull, the central rim level with your tragus should protrude 1.6 cm and the lobe 1.2 cm.  These are generalities and not absolute but it will help you better appreciate what the procedure can do for you.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

otoplasty procedure

A full set of pictures are required to make a determination about the surgical procedure known as an otoplasty.   An otoplasty is performed when the ears are very prominent and lack the anti-helical fold. An otoplasty accomplishes pinning the ear  backwards and reestablishing the cartilaginous fold that is sometimes absent.  An otoplasty procedure performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.  For many examples, please see the link below

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 143 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.