It's been 2 years and I think I went too small. I'm 5'2", I weight 150 lbs, went with 475ccs

If I go bigger maybe 550ccs would that he too big? I have read that you should go at least 100 ccs bigger to see a change is that true ?

Wanting to go bigger after 2 years

Thank you for your question.  Increasing you implant size up to 550cc might be an option for you, but you really need to have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon first.  You are right that increasing your implant size by at least 75cc-100cc is best to really notice a difference.  However, you need to look at your body's measurements and see if you body and handle an implant of that size.  You don't want to put in an implant that is too large for your natural frame, or your chances of the implants bottoming out increase.

If you would like a copy of my breast augmentation planner, you can download a free copy to get more information on that.  You can get your copy of the planner at

Best of luck to you!

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Revision Breast Augmentation

My rule of thumb is based in percentage increase in volume, not some arbitrary number of cc. 15% increase is the threshold for visible difference. In your case that would be 475 cc.  Expect a small but visible change. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question. Size of your implants should be based on your goals, but also depends on the natural measurements of the breasts. These include the width of your breasts and the distance from your nipple to the crease below your breast. This is called tissue-based planning. Tissue-based planning the best method for obtaining long-lasting results. Placing an implant that is too large for your body leads to premature thinning and stretching of your breast tissue and skin. This is a problem that cannot be fixed. You should have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon who can talk with you about your goals and explain the risks and benefits of increasing the size of your implants.

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.