Is anything wrong? (photos)

Dr. I am 62 years old. I had infection in my big belly and 2 big hernias. 3 months ago I had a tummy tuck and hernias repaired. But my right drain is infected with pain. My scare is ok but very red. My belly stick out like I'm Pregnant alone with my belly button picking out. I'm hard but very painful.

Schedule an in-person exam

Thank you for the question and photos. It is rather difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person exam. There may be multiple reasons for your pain and redness: seroma (a pocket of fluid under your skin), hematoma (a collection of clotted blood), infection, or post-op swelling. It would be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon to fully assess your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Is anything wrong?

It is hard to tell from the pictures what is going on. In complex cases like yours, it would take a complete review of your records and operative reports as well as an in depth physical exam. Your best bet is to return to your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Best of luck!

Big belly

I suggest going back to your surgeon and discussing all your concerns. An examination could show if you have a seroma or excess fluid in your abdomen which would make it hard and swollen. Also, I am not clear amount your concerns of your right drain. Your photos do not show the drain. Please let your surgeon check you for infection as well.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon