Tummy tuck? Stretch mark removal? (photos)

Any advice for my belly? I would much rather a horizontal scar than a vertical one. And my stretch marks need to go... if possible.

Tummy Tuck or Stretch Mark Removal

Thank you for an interesting question in view of your sleek rather tight abdominal appearance.  You appear to have a rather extensive vertical abdominal surgery scar which has widened considerably, and you display a thin right lower quadrant scar which anatomically is either a hernia repair scar or perhaps an appendectomy scar.  The stretch marks while noticeable are less compelling than the wide vertical scar.  I would recommend a w plasty advanced scar revision with no tummy tuck.     There is some sketchy evidence of benefit from long term use of Retin A on abdominal stretch marks.  A horizontal scar tummy tuck would be out of the question.  Surgical treatment of the wide vertical scar seems to be most appealing.

Tummy tuck? Stretch mark removal?

Thank you for your question and photos. The abdominal stretch marks are addressed through a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty, which is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  Unfortunately you don´t seem to have enough excess skin to get rid of the stretch marks though this procedure. There are a wide variety of products available on the market for natural stretch mark removal. However, these methods fail to produce satisfactory results for many individuals. In general, these products are most effective when applied to fresh stretch marks. Even in these cases, however, natural stretch mark removal products often simply help the stretch mark fade more quickly. Best is to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in person consultation. Best of luck! 

Tummy tuck? Stretch mark removal?

Thank you for your question. I agree with the other doctors, but you may consider having a scar revision performed on your vertical scar. I assume that is a scar from a past surgery. If it is simply a stretch mark, then I would not recommend surgery.

A scar revision is designed to narrow the scar, but will not remove it completely. Ideally, the scar revision, would turn the scar into a thin scar in the same location.

A tummy tuck surgery treats excess skin, fat, and abdominal wall laxity. You do not appear to have any of those issues, so I would not recommend a tummy tuck surgery.

Tummy tuck? Stretch mark removal?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  Unfortunately the only definite way to remove stretch marks is through surgical excision, requiring a lower abdominal incision.  Based on your pictures alone you do not appear to have any significant stomach skin laxity to warrant a mini or full tummy tuck, especially as it will not be able to address the full spectrum of your scars.  I know your scars and stretch marks are troubling but you have an amazing shape to your stomach and I would counsel you not to pursue surgery.  Best wishes

A tummy tuck addresses three things: 1.excess skin, 2.excess fat, and 3. muscle stretch or separation. From your photos, you don't have any of those issues. Unfortunately, a tummy tuck only addresses the stretch marks on the lower abdomen that would be removed with the excess skin. There is no cure for stretch marks.