My tummy tuck has my belly swollen & hard; center around belly button is enlarged. Is this normal? (Photos)

Is it normal to have my belly big and hard? And 4 inches of swelling around the belly button which is posing out.

Recovery after abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).

The recovery after abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) can result in significant fullness of the abdomen along with the feeling of tightness.  Several things to consider that could be contributing to the sense of fullness and tightness are:
  • constipation
  • generalized fluid retention
  • seroma (fluid pocket trapped beneath the skin)
  • visceral fat accumulation (present prior to surgery, but now symptomatic because of the surgery)
Reach out to your surgeon to help assess which of these may be contributing to your condition

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

My tummy tuck has my belly swollen and hard. Is this normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though some degree of swelling is expected after a tummy tuck procedure, and greater amounts can be anticipated with a simultaneous hernia repair, your surgeon is in the best position to evaluate you and offer treatment recommendations for any issues that he/she finds on exam.  Voice your concerns to them, they are your best resource.