Please help! Will swelling reduce size of breasts?

I'm currently post op 3 days after having 485cc moderate silicone unders. When I tried on the sizers (445cc) I liked my look. I know I'm very early at this stage but my breasts look much larger than I anticipated. I'm dreading the idea that I went too big! Everyone talks about the drop and fluff and going actually getting larger! I'm really praying I didn't make a costly mistake. And would like to know if in your experience these breasts will decrease in size once the swelling subsides.

If you liked the 445 cc sizer in your bra

you will be fine with the 485 cc implant... in fact I would expect you to be a little smaller than what you saw in the mirror with the sizers.  Give it time and focus on healing and positive energy.

Breast Augmentation Swelling

You are very early in the recovery phase and swelling makes the breasts look much larger. Although much of the swelling will decrease in a few weeks it will take months before you see the final result. Tell your surgeon about these concerns so he/ she can monitor your recovery and advise you on post-operative care. Be patient and hopefully you will get the result you wanted.

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Postop Swelling

Swelling in the immediate postoperative period ranges between patients. During the initial period after breast augmentation surgery, a patient’s breasts go through many changes. They often look very swollen and misshapen for a few weeks to one month. Most plastic surgeons agree that it takes 3-6 months for the breast capsule to stabilize. Your satisfaction will increase as your body heals from the surgery. It is important to have follow-up appointments with your board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure you are healing properly. Congratulations on your body makeover, and good luck in your recovery!

Swollen after breast augmentation

Because of the inflammation of the surgery everyone will experience swelling after breast augmentation. You are still very early in the process and after 7-10 days in my patients the swelling is almost completely resolved. This does not however mean that this will be your final result, because there will still be considerable stiffness of the tissue and the stiffness will take 4-8 weeks to show significant improvement. As long as you have faith in your surgeon and the process I believe you will get the result you were intending.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon