Rhinoplasty. Why is it clicking after six weeks?

Hello. I need some opinions. I had a columella graft that needed to be fixed. It was clicking and went down to the nasal spine. I got a surgeon who trimmed it and stiched it to the L strut caudal part. I am confused because I am six weeks out of surgery but for some reason I can feel the piece move around and it is grinding/clicking against simething else but it is better than before. If this piece is just moving around is it even providing support at this point? Why is it clicking?

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Clicking columella graft

It may be clicking agains your septum, or the anterior nasal spine. Hard to say without an exam.......

"Clicking" 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

As you suggest this is probably secondary to your columellar graft. Consult with your surgeon for an evaluation, explanation, and possible treatment if indicated.

Clicking after rhinoplasty

The clicking you describe after rhinoplasty is typically due to cartilage moving against another piece of cartilage or bone. At six weeks, there may not be enough scar tissue that has yet formed to solidify the cartilage into position. I would try not to move it around and schedule a visit with your surgeon to have it evaluated. Good luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

The only way to know exactly what the clicking noise is with an in person exam.  Contact your surgeon for a follow up visit.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD