Ptosis surgery? blepharoplasty? Or both? (photos)

I'm pretty sure I have ptosis in my right eye, it's been getting worse and worse the past couple months. Is it possible to get ptosis correction and a blepharoplasty at the same time? I've always thought my upper eyelids need fat removal and removal of excess skin. I am only 18, would a blepharoplasty age me faster? Would a blepharoplasty open my eyes more? Like give my larger looking eyes? I'm wanting a more open eye, especially in the upper inner corner of the eye, mine slant down strangely.

Ptosis Surgery does NOT equal Upper Blepharoplasty

Upper blepharoplasty removes skin (+/- fat) from upper eyelids. It does NOT alter eyelid position.  As someone ages, the upper eyelid drops due to stretching of the muscle responsible for lifting the upper eyelid. That is called ptosis and it is treated by tightening that muscle. The procedure is called eyelid ptosis surgery. See an oculoplastic surgeon. See following link and video.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ptosis repair and blepharoplasty

Ptosis or Blepharoptosis is an abnormal drooping of the upper eyelid. This can affect one or both eyes in varying degrees.It's important to diagnose ptosis before moving forward with a blepharoplasty. The ptosis repair can be performed at the same time as the blepharoplasty for a better result. I trust my oculoplastic surgeon colleagues (eyelid specialists) to help me diagnose and treat ptosis. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

An in person exam is key

Unfortunately these photos don't really show us the state of your eyelids. I'd recommend an examination with an oculoplastic surgeon who can evaluate the eyelid opening and amount of extra skin. Feel free to contact us if you are in Salt Lake City.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Unfortunately your eyes are closed in this photo so it is impossible to know what is going on.

You may benefit from eyelid surgery but without a photo of you with your eyes open, it is impossible to know what is going on.  Please see a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon to personally assess your issues.