Best option for permanent lip augmentation to achieve the pictured results? (Photo)

Is this a realistic goal to achieve this amount of lip augmentation with a lip implant or fat graft? I metabolize fillers incredibly rapidly. The pictures are before any filler and me with 2 syringes of juvederm ultra plus

Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question and the photos. You seem to have a bit of volume without any fillers and I believe that you would benefit greatly from a lip implant. For most patients after having the implant placed they still use a small amount of filler. The reason being they want to truly balance the lips if there are any asymmetries with their lips to begin with. They also like to have their vermilion boarders/cupids bow enhanced along with their ventricle columns. However, after the implants have been placed fillers tend to show with ease and much, much less is used to make these small changes. 

I would recommend a 5mm implant for top and bottom if you are receiving 2 syringes, but the filler will need to be almost if not fully dissolved to allow proper placement of the implants. Consult with your ABCPS physician of choice and he/she will be able to work with you to achieve your goal.  I wish you the best of luck! 

Permalip Puckier Pout

Thank you for your question and pictures, I would suggest the Permalip Implants would be your best and safest option.  The Permalip Lip Implants have three sizes 3mm (small) 4mm (medium) or 5mm (large), most of my patients will opt for medium or large (typically large in the top lip and medium in the bottom - the bottom lip being naturally bigger than the top).  A 5mm Permalip implant would be similar to 2ml of lip filler.

Under local anaesthetic the lip will be numbed with with a quick dental injection for your comfort. Once anaesthetised, two small incisions are made just inside the corners of the mouth where it can not be seen. A small tunnel is made under the skin of the lip where the soft silicone Permalip implant is passed through. Once in place the incisions inside the mouth are closed with absorbable sutures. The procedure takes approximately just 20 to 30 minutes. The tiny incisions heal quickly and are invisible from the outside of your mouth.

There will be some swelling for a few days but it subsides quickly to leave a natural fuller looking lip that doesn't need topping up after just a few short months. The Permalip lip implant often gives a more naturally looking fuller lip compared with lip fillers which can sometimes push the lip forward.

Your plastic surgeon will arrange follow up with you in about a week to check your results and healing. Both upper and lower lips can be augmented permanently.  Before having the surgeon please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  Without seeing you the person a surgeon cannot advice on what size implant would be suitable.  I hope you achieve the fuller pout you have longed for.

All the Best

Next Step: Lip Implants

I believe the Surgisil Permalip implants would be your best option to achieve the longevity that you desire and that the 5mm size will give you the most volume, along with that longest duration. With respect to the vertical height of a  lip implant currently available from the company, the 5mm are the largest implants.

I suspect that implants of this size will create a result that will come reasonably close the result obtained in your post-filler treatment photographs.

Women such as yourself want to achieve their desired result, but without the necessity and cost of repeat treatments, the potential and actual irregularities associated with injectable fillers and fat grafts, and want the volume added to their lips to last. I believe that the Surgil Permalip implant is the best solution and provides the most precise, predictable and cost effective long term solution to lip enhancement and produces the most natural results available. 

As a plastic  surgeon, I perform a lot of facial fat grafting but find the results to be temporary and/or unpredictable when placed into the lips.  I would be a little concerned that a woman who has experienced suboptimal duration following two syringes of Juvederm Ultra Plus in the lips may also have a similar experience following fat grafting to her lips.

I hope this helps your decision.

Best option for permanent lip augmentation to achieve the pictured results?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos both lips could be a bit fuller.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

You'd do well with either one

I think that a 5mm lip implant would give you a similar result. The great thing about that is that it is a one-time procedure and permanent.  Fat is a great option too, but it takes several grafting sessions to get a stable, long-term result. It will also take some maintenance in the future.  If it were me, I'd pick the implant.  Good luck!