How old i have to be for doing a nose job? And how much it costs?

Age for rhinoplasty and cost?

I do females at 14 and have never had a problem at this age. Males 18 or more. Cost varies by the skill of the surgeon and time involved. I need to see photos as described on my website.

How old do you have to be to have a rhinoplasty?

Most patients have quit growing by age 16 to 18 years of age, so it's important to make sure that you quit growing before undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure. The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly determined by the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, time monitored under general anesthesia by a physician anesthesiologist, and the surgeon's professional fee for performing the procedure in addition to all of the post operative follow-up appointments. Shop quality, not price since the nose is the most prominent feature on your face. For more information, many rhinoplasty before and after results, and our current price list, please see the link and the video below

What age for rhinoplasty?

Dear Natalija2404, In female patients who are looking forward to having rhinoplasty surgery the beginning age is typically 16 when the nose has matured. If you are seeking consultation for rhinoplasty and you are under the age of 18 you will need your parents or a legal guardian there to sign for consent. Fees for the procedure vary and can be from $5000.00 to $9000.00 depending on the complexity of the procedure. Consultations can be an exciting time to see proposed pictures of your outcome via digital imaging. An example of the imaging process is in the video above and examples of rhinoplasty results in the link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Hi, thank you for your question. A rhinoplasty can be performed at around 16 years old. You should speak to your surgeon since It really depends on case by case; but 16 is a safe age to have surgery. As far as costs every surgeon is different.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Age for rhinoplasty

Hi Natalija,Thanks for the question. I think that a patient can proceed with rhinoplasty once the face has stopped growing, which is usually around 16-18 years. The cost varies depending on the nose, but a rough range is somewhere between $4000 and $7000.Please let us know if you have any other concerns or questions!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. It is safe to perform rhinoplasty at the age of skeletal maturity, which is general age 15-16, but can vary among patients.  If you are below 18, you will need to have your parents present for the consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Age and Rhinoplasty

Dear Natalija2404, I prefer to wait until you have stopped growing, usually by the age of 17 or 18 years old. It is easier then to predict the longer term result as you are not still growing, which could affect the ultimate appearance of your nose. In exceptional circumstances, I would perform a rhinoplasty on a younger child, but this is not the norm. I hope this helps!

Raj Bhalla, FRCS, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon