Help! Moderate or high profile?

My stats are: 30 years old 5'6 128 lbs 34C I have chosen to go with 485cc Allergan Natrelle silicone to get a full D possibly double dd look. However, I want them to look natural. My P.S. seems to work almost exclusively with moderate profiles but so many of the pictures I like are high profile. He says the moderate profiles have the most natural look and feel. I have this terrible fear that the moderate profiles will look saggy. Natrelle doesn't seem to make mod+ sizes. What are my options?

Implant choice

The profile of the implant should be based on your existing anatomy and your desired result.  Personally, I rarely use moderate profile implants.  I feel the do not provide adequate projection in many women.  Allergan does make implants that would be considered moderate plus profile.

Akron Plastic Surgeon

Moderate vs high profile

I rarely use moderate profile implants as they do not provide enough projection. When you consider that you are placing the implant under the muscle, breast tissue, and skin, the profile of the implant is flattened. The heavier and the more dense that your tissues are, the more this phenomenon occurs. Generally, a moderate profile implant will give you a low profile look, a moderate to high profile will give a  moderate profile look, and an ultra high profile will give you a high profile look. As far as Allergan Natrelle implants, they make that same profiles as Mentor. In fact, their new Inspira line has the best range of shapes and profiles of all manufacturers. I hope that helps and best of luck to you.

Paul E. Chasan, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon