I have had issues with my eyes my entire life. When I smile my eyes look considerably different from one another (Photo)

As you can see from the photos when a smile my left eye closes and takes on a different shape than the right eye. I do notice though that my smile seems crooked and pushes my left cheekbone higher up, which might be pushing the left eye shut. I also notice that the right side of my face seem more droopy altogether. I am not sure If I have ptosis in one eye or a maxillofacial abnormality, or what this is? and what options I have to correct it. Thanks

Normal asymmetry

It is normal to not be totally symmetric. We are always our worse critic and this asymmetry is most likely only apparent to you.
Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San francisco Bay Area

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Hard to tell from these photos.

I suspect you have left upper eyelid ptosis.  Consider posting a photo with a straight ahead photo with the face relaxed.  Ultimately there is no substitute for getting a personal consultation with a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  

Facial asymmetry

Hi SLCgirl,We all have some degree of facial asymmetry that can be accentuated with particular facial motions. Based on the photos you provided, I think that just a touch of Botox and maybe some filler would make a huge difference in improving your facial symmetry. There may be other differences that the photos don't show, but I think your concerns would be pretty simply addressed. Give us a call if you would like more information or to schedule a consultation!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven eyes

Many people have slight asymmetries of their face and will notice different aspects of them.  Without photos from the front taken without a smile, it's difficult to tell what the precise problem is, but I'd be willing to bet a small asymmetry between the right and left sides is to blame.  Sometimes, these differences between right and left can be corrected with a small amount of Botox and filler (especially, in your case, your smile).Visit a surgeon in your area with expertise in facial surgery and injectables.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon