Liposuction - can I wear the garment I selected
Thank you for asking about your liposuction compression garment.
- It is always smart to wear a comfortable garment -
- The correct garment won't cause muscle pain - so your surgeon's may be too tight for you at thie moment.
- Let your surgeon know what you have done -
- I am sure s/he will approve your wearing your garment now -
- The surgeon's may fit better in a week or two when your swelling is less.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Compression after liposuction
The important thing is to have comfortable support that gives you rather even compression. Discuss with your surgeon, however, before abandoning your surgical garment. Swelling will come and go during the early weeks and having more than one type of compression garment, and degree of compression, can be very helpful.
Compression should feel comfortable while being worn. It should be supportive, but not tight. It is also important to have even compression on the areas that were suctioned. The best advice is to speak with your surgeon. From what you describe, the pantyhose may fit best right now. Keep in mind that as you heal and the swelling decreases that the garment that fits best today may not be what is best in the future so hold onto them both.