I just discovered a small gap between my gums and the base of a 20 year old crown. Do I need to have a dentist examine it?

In truth, this tiny gap may have been there for years for all I know, I just discovered this morning while flossing. Do I need to have a dentist examine it? I have had no problems with it. It is so narrow, it looks like a black thread surrounding the crown base. I certainly don't want to wait until there is a crisis. What would you do in my position?

Space around crown

Do you go to the dentist regularly? If you have been going regularly and have had no problems diagnosed at recent check then you might be able to wait until you regularly scheduled next visit. if you only go to the dentist when you notice a problem I suggest scheduling an appointment. It is better not to wait until you crown falls out or you have pain.