Follow-Up Question - Is the strut even providing support at this point if it is just floating around and clicking?

My question was not previously answered. I had a revision on my columella strut and it was shortened/trimmed and sutured to the caudal septum to prevent clicking. I am about 5 weeks post op and Upon lip movement I feel the strut moving left and right like it is free and its own entity and it is clicking and grinding against something. I had the revision for this exact reason. Is the strut even providing support at this point if it is just floating around and clicking? I am very upset?

To see previous question, please click here.

Strut

The post operative period after rhinoplasty can be an extremely frustrating time for patients. I think that you are dealing with one of those very difficult circumstances that occurs while we wait for scar tissue to mature, swelling to go down, and inflammation to resolve. The best advice is to have an open and honest discussion with your surgeon about your concerns. If you need a second opinion, you can always seek that, but, based on your description of the procedure, I think your surgeon is highly qualified and will help you get through this time. Good luck!

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon