Excruciating pain 6 weeks after breast reduction surgery.

I had breast reduction 6 weeks ago on Oct 11. I love my ps and she did a great shop but I can't go without pain med because the pain is so bad. I saw my ps yesterday she said the pain will get better when the sores underneath heal, they are healing but the pain is not subsiding at all. I am so frightened there is something wrong. Please help me.

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
6 weeks after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Pain after breast reduction

If there are some open areas that are still healing it is common for these areas to be sore, just as you would have pain from a deeply skinned knee. Six weeks is a long time to be taking pain medication post operatively- you may want to consider asking your surgeon about the medication gabapentin to help you get off the narcotics while everything is still healing up. It works very well for this type of pain as well as some of the twinges you can experience at this time point as the nerves are regrowing and settling down. Best wishes, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD