Any suggestions for enlarged clitoris? (photos)

I started bio-identical hormones (testosterone) in January and have noticed my clitoris being enlarged and very sensitive. Is there any chance of my clitoris returning to its normal size?

Clitoromegaly

Thank you for your question and photograph.   I would recommend contacting the physician that prescribed the testosterone.  Best of luck.    

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist - Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist

Stop testosterone therapy immediately and clitoromegaly may reverse

New onset clitoromegaly in response to testosterone therapy should reverse if you stop using it immediately. The condition does not appear to be severe. Senstivity to testosterone varies greatly from person to person.

See your doctor

Hello Slightlyworried,

I would contact the doctor who proscribed the hormones and tell him or her the issue and obtain advice. Stopping the hormones would seem the most logical next step. Some decrease in size would seem expected.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Any suggestions for enlarged clitoris?

Thank you for your.  since it's only been a couple of months, it appears that you are on too high of a dose.  You should stop the testosterone, and find a doctor that specializes in hormone replacement.  It will probably get a little smaller when you stop the hormones and sensitivity will improve.  It may not go all the way down to it's original size however.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Clitoral enlargement is a complication of too high a dose of testosterone

While there is nothing wrong with utilizing testosterone supplementation if closely monitored by an expert on hormonal supplementation (I would recommend an NCMP, a NAMS-Certified Menopause Practitioner), do not put it directly on the clitoris, and do not get pellets or testosterone from a "franchise clinic" that calls themselves "BHRT Specialists" (These are usually general docs following a "cookbook protocol" and giving too-high doses.) For now, stop the testosterone and see an expert in hormone supplementation. If your clitoris has enlarged after such a short time on T, YOU ARE USING 'WAY TOO MUCH. Your clitora size may lessen a little, but it may stay a bit large. You've been using too much testosterone!

Michael P Goodman MD

Enlarged clitoris

Dear Ms Worried

Since you only started testosterone a few months ago and has been a very short period of time most likely if you stop the testosterone the clitoris will reverse in size.   I personally would stop the hormones for a couple of months and after it returns to normal size, then if you want restart the bioidenticals at lower dose.  

With 99% certainty it will reverse in size.

Best of luck

John R Miklos  MD
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai