Can I get my chest revised so the breasts are symmetrical and I could wear a low cut top without the scars showing?(photos)

I had a breast reduction done 7 years ago and a scar revision surgery done 5 years ago, however I'm still very unhappy with the appearance of my breasts. I 100% adore the smaller size, however the two are different sizes and the nipples point up and my biggest gripe is the center of my chest. One breast pulls at the skin with a sizable hole in the middle of my chest and the other breast kind of poofs out in the center. I've included pictures...

Breast reduction revision

You have a substantial amount of excess lower pole skin. If this is removed, the breasts can be tightened and given a better shape. Your skin is obviously quite thin and it may relapse some but should probably look better than what you currently have. There are some excellent plastic surgeons in your area and I'd suggest going to a new doctor this time for a fresh approach.

Old reduction results

are very typical of what you have... the massive bottoming out.  If you were in my office, my recommendation would be for a significant reduction with use of an implant to allow removal of all of the hanging tissue.  BUT this will leave you much smaller if you have to someday remove them and go without implants.

Curtis Wong, MD

Galaflex internal bra for support after breast reduction

Other than the scars, the main issue appears to be that the skin envelope of the lower breast has stretched, allowing the breasts to sag. An Internal bra with Galaflex will support the weight of the breasts from the inside, so that the skin envelope can be tightened up. There will be less tension on the scars so they can heal well, but more importantly you will not rely on the stretched out skin for support.

Richard Baxter, MD

Revision Lift and Reduction

Hello,You would be a great candidate for a revision lift and reduction to create more symmetry in size and shape, as well as reduce the glandular ptosis and high riding nipples. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons expert in revision breast surgery.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Revision of breast reduction can be done

You appear to have had a previous Wise pattern breast reduction. A revisionary breast reduction can be done using your existing scar pattern in order to remove the excess, sagging lower pole breast tissue that you appear to have.

Breast reduction redo.

Your concern is understandable and at least many of the areas that are less than optimally aesthetic can be improved with a secondary breast reduction and redo of all of your incisions.  You appear to be genetically a poor scar former and this probably cannot be changed dramatically but may be helped by postoperative use of the Embrace Scar Therapy taping system to remove tension from the scars while in the early stages of healing.
Your breasts have dropped down because of the presence of significant excess skin and a redo to make you more lifted and tighter should be very helpful.  Good luck.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Can I get my chest revised so the breasts are symmetrical and I could wear a low cut top without the scars showing?

You should be able to get a very attractive size and shape with a revision, but probably you might want to speak with a different surgeon than the person who did the first procedure. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Can I get my chest revised so the breasts are symmetrical?

Your concerns are understandable; based on the photographs there is certainly room for improvement.  A well planned and executed procedure should improve breast symmetry, better conceal scars, and better position each nipple/areola complex on each breast mound.   Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery. Together you will come up with a plan to improve your outcome significantly. Best wishes.