Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I have loose skin and stretch marks from 3 pregnancies. I want to be able to wear a bikini and feel confident about my stomach. I'm 5'1, 119 pounds. I want to know if a tummy tuck would remove the loose skin and the majority of the stretch marks (or at least tighten them so they aren't as noticeable). Would my scar be low enough that a string bikini cover it?

Am I good Tummy Tuck candidate?

Thank you for your question.  Based on the photos you have provided it seems that you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  This is something that needs to be discussed in person at a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  A tummy tuck incision would be below the bikini line, but again something to discuss with your surgeon on the location of your incision would be.  Have a tummy tuck will remove a lot of the stretch marks when the skin is removed, however it will most likely not remove the stretch marks 100%.

Once again, please meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation. Best of luck to you!

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck, This procedure consists in the removal of excess skin and abdominal fat and muscle flaccidity correction. This situation of excess skin and relaxation of the abdominal wall is often in patients who have had weight gain and subsequent loss or in womenwho have had multiple pregnancies. Tummy Tuck (Abdominiplasty)  get a flatter, firmer abdomenand a narrower waist. 

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!! 

Ramon Morales, MD

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser H definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

TUMMY TUCK CANDIDATE

You seem to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction on your waist and maybe the lower back, so you can get a more hourglass body shape, and most of the extra skin can be removed, and the scar can be in a low position to be hide with the bikini. Maybe not all the stretch marks will go away, but at least the ones located below the belly button. Please get a consultation in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a proper evaluation of your case, and discuss your goal and limitation for your case.

Am I a good candidate for TT?

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photos. By looking at them you look like a good candidate for full tummy tuck which will remove the extra skin, correct the muscle wall to make it firm and help with the waist. Stretch marks from the navel to your pubis will go away.

Best wishes

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. Based on your pictures you look to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.

You are a good candidate if:

in general you may be a good tummy tuck candidate if:

You are physically healthy and at a stable weight

You have realistic expectations

You are a non-smoker

You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen

Tummy tuck surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.

I recommend to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the best options for your goals.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on these two frontal limited view photos, you are an excellent candidate for a modified full tummy tuck with a short low incision at the pubic bone level. You do have stretch marks that extend above the belly button as well, and although much of it can be removed, some will just end up lower on the abdomen and will look tighter. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your history, photographs, and stated goals, you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation. In my practice, I would not offer you liposuction surgery alone.   Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.   You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I think you would be a good candidate for a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty. This procedure is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist then I cut out the excess skin to achieve overall, a smaller waist with a nice flat abdomen and a thin scar hidden below the bikini line. With the use of topical scar creams or lasers, this can further diminish the scar line to make it less visible. Then the use of liposuction will help remove any excess fat deposits along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. I hope this helps!
Good luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Great Candidate!

Thank you so much for reaching out and posting photos. From your photos, it looks as though you would be an excellent candidate and receive and amazing result, and yes you should be able to cover the scar with a tiny bikini! Be sure to visit Board Certified surgeons to get all of your questions answered and they will go over all of your options. Best of luck! Dr. Kachenmeister

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD