Lip Filler size/shape: So I had my lips filled about 5 months ago and absolutely want to get them done again.

Was thinking about going a little bigger but don't want them to look super huge from the side. my question is... when getting them filled is it possible to get them filled to go more upwards as apposed to outwards? of course i can ask my plastic surgeon but i don't plan on going back for at least two more months.

Lip Augmentation

Technique is important regarding lip augmentation.  Your desires should be able to be fulfilled, talk to your plastic surgeon. If you love the look, consider fat transfer, as it is more permanent. Good luck!

Shaping lips with filler

Hello, and thank you for your question! Without pictures it is hard to say exactly, but generally speaking, when you inject filler into the border of the lip (called the "Vermillion border" - the line where the red skin of the lip meets the skin of the face) it rolls the lip border up (on the top lip) or down (on the lower lip). When you inject into the middle of the lip (called the "body") you get plumping of the whole lip. The two techniques can be combined - or you can do just one or the other depending on what look a patient is going for. If you want your lips to "roll out" more - that is a simple thing to do - but an in-person consultation will be able to give you more information. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Turning lips upward

This can be done by placement of the filler in the vermillion border. Also, placement in the cupids bow helps too. A skilled injector is needed to get what you want, make sure you state your desires before starting. Keep in mind there is always a limit as to what can be done, due to the natural anatomy of the lips.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. It's hard to comment on what you'd benefit from without photos. I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

If you would like more filler to plump your lips there is no reason why you cannot. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip fillers

Lip filles can be placed in different ways to achieve different results. You would have to be seen in person to determine what would be best.

Lip Augmentation Goals

Thank you for your question.  Lip augmentation can certainly be adjusted to achieve your individual goals and expectations.  When you are ready, please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Lip filler

very good question. An experienced injector typically aims for injecting the lip mostly in the central area, as too much filler on the sides of the lip, can result in the unwanted "duck lip" appearance. Ask your injectortor pay attention to the center of your lip, and place the filler accordingly. If you have pictures of the shape you desire, this can also help. Fillers like a restylane silk can result in natural augmentation without too much volume. Best of luck!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician

Lip Augmentation and shape

ne of the keys to successful lip augmentation is an understanding of what lip augmentation can and cannot do for you. For example, while lip augmentation can change the shape of your lips somewhat, it will not likely take you from very thin, straight lips to an extremely full cupid’s bow. Also, most lip augmentation procedures are temporary, lasting anywhere from six months to several years. This means if you’re happy with your results you can be prepared to make return visits to your plastic surgeon’s office to maintain your desired look. 

Lip augmentation can improve your lips’ appearance by making slight alterations in shape, structure and volume. For example, if you have a thin upper lip and a full bottom lip, your plastic surgeon may be able to enhance your top lip such that your lips appear more proportional.

Walton Montegut, MD
Newport Beach Physician