Choosing between 492 and 533 with a 13.5-14 BWD. Height 5'10" 160lbs. 36(small)B. And about what size bra will this make me?

Decided on 492 but am having 2nd thoughts since my surgeon was for sure I would choose the larger of the 2. My BWD may be pushing the limits of the 533, is this not a big deal in terms of size for me? I know the CC is a small diff. but I'm more concerned in using a wider implant than my BWD(533 is .4 wider) and if this will be unappealing or if it will be fine. I don't mind side boob but I also don't want them to feel like they're in my armpits. After size?? Thank you!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

After Breast Augmentation, what size will my breasts be?

Thank you for all the information.  But unfortunately, there is no accurate way to calculate what size you will be from that information.   What is most important is what you will look like, not what letter cup you will wear.  This is why I use the VECTRA 3D Imaging system. With this system I can show you with about 99% accuracy what you will look like with any size implant you would like. As far as your debate about which size to get, I would suggest the larger.   First of all it is only 41cc larger.  That is less than 3 tablespoons.  Secondly, statistics and experience tell me that you're more likely to regret not getting the larger option.  IGood Luck!

Choosing the right implant for you would require an exam in person.  The volume does not match cup size but you can try a baggy test  to check the cup that you want to fill.

What bra size will this make me?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  It is unfortunately impossible to predict what your bra size will be as there is no direct correlation between implant cc size and bra size.  That said, in selecting your implants you want to select those that best approximate your breast width and then choose a corresponding volume that corresponds to that size.  In your instance the 4mm wider 533 is not much wider of an implant so I would select the size that you feel most comfortable with when you tried them on.  Hope this helps.

Implant Size

Without an examination, it is impossible to say what will work best for you.  However, if your surgeon feels that either of the two sizes will work well for you and your frame/ breast envelope , then I would go with the 533cc device.  98% of women around the country all say they could have gone a little bigger when it is all said and done.  I hope this helps.

What size bra will this make me?

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging)  as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
 ***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "small D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.