Is it normal to still have muscle pain after a BA post 12 months.

BA through the arreola and behind the muscle 1 year ago on July 8th. I continue to have pain to the scar and muscle to the left breast. Hurts to flex the muscle. The right breast I have no pain.

Pain a year after surgery isn't normal.

As others have said, it isn't normal to experience pain a year after breast augmentation. I can't really offer more specific advice without a physical examination, but I would recommend contacting your plastic surgeon's office (if you haven't already done that) to schedule an appointment. Describe exactly what you're experiencing. It could be a sign of capsular contracture or another complication. Best wishes to you.

Muscle pain 12 months post-op

Hi, thank you for your question. I'm so sorry to hear about your concern. Muscle pain after 1 year is not not normal. You should seek an advise from your plastic surgeon and do some laboratory examinations.

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

1 Year Post Op Pain

No, It is not expected that you would have pain at this point after your procedure. I recommend that you be examined in person by your Plastic Surgeon in order to find out what the cause of your discomfort is as they know your situation the best.

All the best

Post breast augmentation pain

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Post op pain isn't uncommon but it is usually self limited and improves over time.  Best to follow up with your surgeon and allow for their follow up and options to help resolve your symptoms. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - muscle pain continues after a year

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

I am sorry this has happened - it is not normal.
Your description suggests that scar may have formed that attaches the muscle to the scar -
I suggest you see your surgeon to have this checked and see what might be done.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

It may or may not be a signal of abnormality

If you feel pain only during your moving and don’t feel really terribly pain, it is regards as normal. However, if your pain remains longer than 5 mins or most of the time and you cannot bear with it, this is an abnormal sign. Then you should go to for a checkup.
Check if your breast appears to be misshaped, may be from capsular contracture, or inflammation. If yes, I would again recommend you go to the doctor.

Tanongsak Panyawirunroj, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon