Forgot to use the antibacterial soap for the 3 days prior to a breast reduction. Will they still do surgery?

Can I still have the surgery?

Breast reduction

I am not aware of this preop regime and only your PS will be able to answer your question. There is nothing from what you have provided that would warrant me cancelling you if you were my patient. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Use of antibacterial soaps pre-op

helps with reducing infections but I've never used that regimen and cannot recall a reduction procedure that go infected in my 25 year career.  In fact, my pre-op prep is simply painting with Betadine (no scrub) and that's it.  Hopefully you're recovering from your procedure right now... 

Most surgeons would not cancel for this but there are always outliers who may feel otherwise.

Curtis Wong, MD

I don't think your surgeon will cancel your surgery.  However, you should let your surgeon know about this omission.  They may want to alter their usual pre operative preparations.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Preparation for surgery - will they cancel my procedure?

Thank you for asking about your breast reduction.

You should let your surgeon know but I doubt very very much if this will affect your surgery. You will not be the first person to forget!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Will they still do breast reduction surgery?

It is highly unlikely the surgery will be canceled but check with your plastic surgeon for specific/relevant information. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Antibacterial Soap Prior to Breast Reduction? #breastreduction

• We never have our patients use antibacterial soap prior to their procedures.
  • Our infection rate with breast reductions is close to zero.  
  • You'll have to check with your plastic surgeon to find out more. 
  • Thanks for sharing, and best of luck to you!