7 weeks post breast augmentation, do my breast look normal? (photos)

I was a 34A pre surgery, I had 390 left and 370cc on right. Saline under muscle. I have seen many reviews and by this time many women have lower breast full ness. I don't. I did have really bad square boob look right after and they appeared to be flat on my chest. Can you tell me how much longer someone in my scenario will take to have that bottom fullness. I'm starting to worry it being 7 weeks out. My bwd is 11.8.

Thank you for your question and photos. The #final #appearance, #shape, and #movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be #firmer. The #contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The #final #shape and #size is #approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.I suggest that you follow up with your #BCPS and voice your concerns. Follow his #postoperative #recovery #plan. Best wishes!

7 weeks post breast augmentation, do my breast look normal?

Thank you for your question.  It can take 3 months for implants to drop and to look fully around on the bottom.  Please see your plastic surgeon and ask about breast implant displacement exercises and possibly a Bandoto help.  Implants drop.

Saline implants

do settle and have you been instructed on massage?  If your surgeon doesn't believe in it, then you must follow your surgeon's recommendations so he/she is responsible in the end if you don't get what you want.  Your surgeon should want the absolute best outcome for you so at this point, you have to trust your surgeon and hope for the best. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Haven't dropped yet

Generally speaking, especially early in the post-operative phase of healing, it is not uncommon to have one or both implants appear to be high up by the clavicle. Although the “pocket” may be made correctly, the implant may not have access to the bottom for several reasons. If the overlying muscle or skin is tight, this will move the implant to the path of least resistance which is up and towards the underarm where there is little or no pressure. As the pressure relaxes, the implant will drop down to the bottom. Smooth implants, because their surface is slippery, may move faster downward than a textured implant with its rough surface. Because these variables mentioned above can be different for each side, it's not uncommon that one side will drop faster to the bottom of the pocket than the other. Similarly, sometimes one breast will swell more than the other or be more painful than the other early in the postoperative phase. After the first month or two, usually things will even out. It wouldn't be, in my practice, until four months or so has passed that I would entertain going back to the operating room to “touch up” the location of the breast implant in the pocket. Sometimes specialized bras or straps as well as massage and stretching protocols may be helpful in allowing this process to happen more quickly. Each plastic surgeon will have different thoughts on what the best protocol is for the patient. Your operating plastic surgeon will be your best resource to have this information passed on to you. I recommend that you faithfully follow up and follow the instructions of your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery, and good luck for an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS