Why is my nose crooked? (Photo)

i dont think my nose has always been that crooked. Maybe a little but definitely not like now. When i first got hit 2 years ago i had a black eye for a little and a bump where it is now but obviously it has gotten better. I never found out if it was actually broken. Sometimes i feel insecure about it but I learned to ignore it, and most people dont notice unless i point it out. Sometimes its more noticable than other times as seen in pictures below. What would need to be done to fix it?

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Why is my nose Crooked?

There are many issues on the inside of the nose that can cause it to be crooked after nasal trauma. Trauma to the nose can cause a displaced nasal fracture, a non-displaced nasal fracture, a fracture of the septum also known as a deviated septum, and dislocation of the lateral cartilages off of the nasal bones. Each one of these issues are treated differently with surgery. A thorough internal and external examination of the nose is required to determine the cause. For more information and many examples of crooked nose repair from our practice, please see the link and of the video below

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, likely had a nasal fracture and it is crooked due to the nasal bones and septum being displaced.  You may benefit from osteotomies and spreader grafts to help straighten your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal deviation.

It appears you have a very small symmetry of your nose.  Correction could be achieved by a rhinoplasty.  You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss how this may be corrected.   Once standardized photos are done, there are computer programs which can help you visualize what could be accomplished by modifying the firm structures of your nose, bone and cartilage, which give the nose it's shape.  The consultation will allow you to express what you want to modify.

Reconstructive Rhinoplasty

it is hard to tell how deviated it is by the pictures you sent. But from what I can see, the middle of your nose appears depressed and widened.  You may require a rhinoplasty to fix this. I recommend seeking consultation from a board certified specialist to get a full exam.

Good luck!

Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma

The nose does look a bit crooked. You would need to undergo a rhinoplasty to reduce the nasal bones to try to provide better symmetry.