What is this lump to the left of my belly button 5 weeks post TT? (photo)

I am almost 5 weeks post op from a tummy tuck. I have what feels like a swollen lump to the left of my belly button. It is hard to get a good picture of it. What could it be? I have a follow up with my surgeon on Tuesday.

Whenever you have any concerns post-op

you should always let your surgeon know so an evaluation can be done if needed.  And yours requires an evaluation/physical exam.  As mentioned by others, there are a multitude of things it could be and only an exam would discern just what it most likely is.  My patients are all told to expect needing revisions as most of them want it as perfect as possible.

Lump after tummy tuck.

could be fluid in there-either blood or serum.  could be some fat. or it just could be some asymmetry.  see you doc and see what he/she says

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

What is this lump to the left of my belly button 5 weeks post TT?

Thank you for your picture and question. Although your plastic surgeon is going to best the best one to examine you and tell you what is going on, there are many possibilities. It could be a fluid collection such as a hematoma or seroma. It could also be an area of fat necrosis or an area of scarring from the abdominal wall repair. Hard to say without an exam and having been there at surgery.

Lump on tummy

Hello and thank you for your question. It could very well represent a seroma or hematoma. Your ps on Tuesday will be able to confirm and treat it.Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon