Breast aug revision. Any advice?

My left breast never fully dropped into the pocket. I want a revision because I want to go larger but I'm worried that I'll go bigger and have super fake looking breasts that I can't "wear everyday". I'm a professional and wants to have large breasts but not look skanky every day. I'm 5'8" 120, breast fed 1 child. Any advice?

Breast aug revision. Any advice?

A partial capsulectomy often allows an implant that is sitting too high to drop-down into a more natural position. This can be very successful but you need to be aware of the risk of your implant shifting either to a position that is too low or a position that returns to be too high. The degree of increase in implant size that you can achieve is best determined at the surgery when the operating surgeon sees how much skin and breast tissue distensability is present following removal of your scar tissue. I would suggest that you allow the Dr. to use his/her judgment to select the best implant to match your goals. The larger the implant the greater the risk of an appearance of being too large especially if the implant returns to its former high position.No one can give you the absolute answer but your best advice will come from a discussion of your goals and acceptance of possible risks with your operating surgeon. Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Breast aug revision. Any advice?

Thank you for your question.  I would say to try on different implant sizers to get a better idea of the look that you want.  Make appointments with several different experienced board certified plastic surgeons to get a better idea.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Size

I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss all your concerns. During the
consultation, you can try on sizers to give you an idea of what the increase in size will look like. I would suggest not going beyond what your frame and tissue will support.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augment advice

From the information you gave, it seems like there would be several options available to get you to your goal. When you see a consultant, it would be a good idea to have photographs of postoperative breasts augmentation patients that you find appropriate and the surgeon should be able to help you get to that look. As to the specific surgery required, that will take an examination and review of your previous surgical 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

When an implant is malpositioned

as yours is, the minimum procedure is to have the scar tissue released on the high side... but understand revisions do not guarantee symmetry and there is certainly a chance that the high one could end up being the low one months down the road.  As for increasing size, that is a personal choice and decision as everyone has different definitions of what 'skanky' is.  You should choose a size that you can live with day in and day out... you can always use push up padded bras for that special outfit... and at the end of the evening, you still have most of it. And looser clothes and black help conceal larger sizes easily.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast aug revision. Any advice?

Thank you for the question. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that (based on your description) adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.  
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "up a cup size” or "large breasts but not skanky" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Go bigger with capsule work

It sounds to me, from your description that some release of the capsule on the left side will be necessary to even out the look of your breasts. In order to obviously see that an increase in size has been made, in my opinion, at least 100 mL needs to be added to whatever volume you have. Mentor makes a shell sizing system that you could place 100, 200, or any multiple of about 50 mL over your existing breast in place that combination into a bra to best visualize what that additional volume might look like. Good luck with your revision.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast aug revision. Any advice?

With no idea of what your current implant size is, and no photos to go by, it is difficult to give you any advice. We have our patients who want to go larger try on "incremental" sizers to get some idea of how much volume they would like to add to their current implant size, and most importantly, bring in photos that demonstrate the look that they are hoping for, particularly how much upper pole fullness or "bulging" they desire.