I just got Botox and fillers done, and just found out I'm pregnant...

And I know there are no studies yet proven to harm the baby, but I was wondering if my pregnancy hormones will effect the results in the Botox and fillers?

Filler and Botox during Pregnancy

Both fillers and a Botox are considered pregnancy category C and not recommended when the patient is pregnant. However, that being said, if they were performed without you knowing that you are pregnant, they would not cause any problems and the chances of them causing any issues during pregnancy is miniscule.

Dubai Dermatologist

Will pregnancy affect my Botox and filler results?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your pregnancy!  Your Botox and filler results will not be impacted by your pregnancy and should continue to show effects for the next several months.  Best wishes!

Effect of botox and filler for pregnant patients

It sounds like you did your research - there aren't any studies showing harmful effects for pregnant women who get Botox or filler (still, we don't recommend any procedures until after you deliver).  There will be no effect on the results of these treatments either, even though you are pregnant.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Pregnancy

Botox is not advised during pregnancy.  However, the results of the Botox and fillers will last the normal amounts and your pregnancy will not interfere with their results.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox, fillers and pregnancy

No one recommends Botox or fillers - or any non-medically indicated procedures -- during pregnancy.  It is unlikely that what you had done will affect your pregnancy, but it is important that you discuss it with your obstetrician to make him/her aware.  

Because we do not treat pregnant women with these cosmetic procedures, we have no studies on the effect of pregnancy on them.  Botox lasts 3 - 6 months at best so it certainly wont last through your pregnancy.  And the likelihood is that as your fillers are reabsorbed, you will be gaining weight anyway - including in your face -- so it would be hard to judge any pregnancy specific change.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and worry about the cosmetic stuff after giving birth (or after breast feeding if you will be doing that).  Best wishes

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Botox and Fillers and Pregnancy

I do not think that botox or fillers affects pregnancy but there are no true clinical studies so I suggest just being followed closely by your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and fillers while pregnant

Thank you for your question and congratularions on your pregnancy.  Even though we don't recommend injections while pregnant, it happens that patients get injected not knowing that they are pregnant. Your results are not altered by the pregnancy and if anything you may even have a better outcome given that your skin develops the pregnancy glow.  
In terms of harming the baby, there have been no studies to refute or support this topic. Have a wonderful pregnancy and congratulations. 

Pregnancy known after Botox and Fillers

Your pregnancy will have no effect on the results of these procedures. Will the procedures have an affect on your baby?  Most likely no, but no studies have been or will be done to test this. This issue probably occurs hundreds or thousands of times per year and as of yet, no one has been able to link a problem to these treatments. Don't have anymore until after the baby is born. Congrats!

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Pregnancy and Botox

Although nothing is approved for use during pregnancy, there has never been a problem associated with pregnancy either with the mother or the baby. You are fine and have nothing to worry about

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox and fillers in pregnancy

My interpretation of your question is that you are concerned about the cosmetic result of your Botox and filler treatment and not the potential effect of the treatment on the fetus. You will know in the first few days if anything effects the results of your treatment but I wouldn't anticipate any.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon