What is the best treatment to remove age spots on the face? (Photo)

I am 39 yo female and have a few age spots on my face. I have had them for a few years. I've tried glycolic acid, kojic acid, and Rodan & Fields Reverse with no luck.

Melarase creams and fractional lasers for sunspots

I would use a combination of q switch laser, Melarase AM and Melarase PM, fractional lasers, and Melapeels to help improve your sunspots. 

Dr.  Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Q Switch laser

I would use a Q switch laser, however if this lesion is raised, an erbium or CO2 will be needed. Fractional lasers such as Fraxel can fade these lesions, but other lasers are aimed at removing the majority of the pigment in one session. More on pigmentation in the link below 

Dr Davin Lim

Age spots

There are many different possibilities that can help assist you with the lightening of these areas. Things such as chemical peels or CO2 to name a couple. These are on 2 different spectrums of the scope but either can help. CO2 is the more aggressive and the quickest way to get results where chemical peels are less invasive as the CO2. You should seek a face to face consultation with a certified physician or provider who specializes in this area. This way you can ask all the questions you need as well as the attending physician/provider can also address your concerns properly.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD