Can IPL laser treatment to the face cause nerve damage. Would this damage be permanent or can it clear up over time?

I had IPL treatment two months ago over the entire face. I had a brown spot just under my eye by the area that would be almost right over the infraorbital foramen. My entire face was really pink afterwards. No blistering. The infraorbital brown spot never cleared up and 1 week ago started getting a trigger point of burning pain in that same spot. How can I relieve this pain? What kind of specialist can help me? should this nerve pain clear up over time?

Nerve damage and IPL

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Unlikely. The treatment is at the skin level. Nerves are significantly deeper. You may feel some tingling, which is secondary to swelling. This is temporary.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist that specializes on lasers.

Wishing you the best in your journey