Would I benefit from lip augmentation? Would a natural result be realistic? (photos)

Hi, I have been interested in lip augmentation for close to 7 years. My lips are decent sized but lack the volume I have always desired, especially from a side profile. Is there a way to add volume without changing the lip shape or actual size of the lip? What is the smallest amount of restylane silk that could be used? My concern is that I don't want to look "overdone" or get the dreaded "duck lip", with these concerns would I be better off avoiding lip augmentation? Thanks!

Fillers

You should start out with maybe 1cc and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur

Would I benefit from lip augmentation? Would a natural result be realistic?

Any of the hyaluronic acid fillers, Restylane®, Perlane®, Juvederm® area great for filling and/or simply shaping the lips so they look better! Since customized lip filler enhancement is an advanced injection technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.  

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation

You look like a great candidate for lip fillers.  I would definitely start with a conservative amount of filler such as only one syringe of Restylane or Juvederm.  Be certain to consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with lip fillers for the best results.

Realistic Lip Augmentation

Yes, it is possible to have lip augmentation and maintain your natural look. Because you have been interested in this procedure for close to 7 years, I would like to see you take additional steps forward. I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available. A consultation provides you the opportunity to relay your concerns and desired outcome to the surgeon while the surgeon can assess your health profile and discuss his/her pertinent advice.

Most augment their lips with injectable fillers, which are repeated about once a year or even more often. Although lip augmentation with fillers is an ideal procedure for adding volume to thin lips, it is not permanent. Because the lip augmentation with fillers is not permanent, you will be afforded the opportunity to reflect on the results and reconsider your strategy for attaining your desired look.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Ashley
I appreciate your concern, you have a very pretty face, so I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD