Based on pic, do you think 400cc HP would give too much gap? I'm 5'7, athletic and 150lbs (Photo)

i lack fulness on top so I was leaning toward hp's but I am scared of the torpedo look. I think 400 cc's is appropriate for my frame but am torn between hp and moderate. I also don't want side boob as I think that can make me look heavier. Please advice. Thank you!

Which profile?

Generally speaking in a thin woman such as your photograph indicates, a high profile implant will create a transition from the thin tissues around your breast bone to the beginning of the inside of the breast that appears very abrupt. As long as you pick a more moderate plus configuration of the implant, if the base diameter of the implant does not exceed your native base width then you should not end up with "side boob".  Hope this is helpful.

In my personal opinion, given your height and the width of your chest, I don't think high profile implants would give you the "torpedo" look at all. When placed under the muscle, and not of a tremendous size (400 is not huge form someone 5'7") they look quite nice with superior fullness and not all the width. I think MP profile would be a little wide and wouldn't give you a lot of superior fullness.........they would look super natural and very soft. All a matter of opinion, but I usually lean towards HP implants in genereal. Hope this helps.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I would recommend leaning more towards a moderate plus profile implant with a higher silicone fill ratio - say Sientra or Allergan Inspira - to achieve your desired increased in upper pole fullness.  The size of implant will depend on a few key breast parameters - namely breast width as you need an implant smaller than your breast width to avoid side boob.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon, they can offer you the best recommendations.  

Moderate Plus vs HP

With regards to implant style, think of it in the easiest terms.  The moderate + design will give you a "looks good but natural" look, such that if someone sees your breasts, they will think they look nice but real potentially.  The HP range gives you a fuller appearance with more upper pole volume.  Not fake looking per say, but certainly more projection.  With regards to size, your surgeon should be measuring you and letting you know what would work best with regards to the appropriate implant width.  This will then serve as the template to what can fit well in the confines of your breast and chest.  I hope this helps.

Hard to be sure.

From your photo and description it is possible that the implant you mentioned is suitable, but ultimately your plastic surgeon needs to advise you. Breast width is the single most important determinant and it appears that your breasts have a very pretty natural cleavage. Enhancing them with the promptly selected implant would accentuate that. 

Make sure your sense of aesthetics aligns with that of your plastic surgeon based on their before and after gallery,  and I recommend that you don't schedule your surgery until you feel confident about your surgeon and the surgical plan. Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural look” or "torpedo look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Which Implant is Correct

Thanks for your picture and questions.  You look like a great candidate for breast augmentation.  Work with your board certified plastic surgeons on these specific questions that you bring up above.  Make sure that you communicate your post-operative goals for the look you are hoping for.  See if you can find a board certified plastic surgeon who has 3D imaging and/or sizing capabilities.    

Wishing you all the best, 
Steven Camp MD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Implant profiles

I would suggest listening to your PS when it comes implant profile.  The profile of the implant is chosen based on the measurements of your chest and everyone has different chest shape.  When you are seen for your initial consult your PS will take these measurements and decide based on them what profile will fit you best.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon