What is wrong with my Boobs? (photos)

What is wrong with my boobs they have been like this since they developed so I know it's not from having kids or getting older I am only 24. The nipple is basically underneath my breast and when I sit you can't see it at all its totally not visible unless I lift up my breast with my hand. I want to know if I am able to get a breast lift and implants and what kind would work best for me and the cost estimate.

Doctor Answers 9

Breast ptosis and options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi and thank you for your question and photos. You have grade 3 ptosis (or drooping) of the breasts. It is most commonly caused by pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight fluctuations, or simply genetics. The good news is that you would be a great candidate for a breast lift with or without implants. Depending on your goals and the amount of breast tissue you already have, you might also benefit from a lift with a tissue matrix rather than an implant. Using a tissue matrix allows for support of your natural breast tissue to keep them perkier over time. I would recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced with all of these options to discuss what would be best for you. Good luck!

What's wrong with my breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You have breast ptosis . It also appears that you have a form of lower pole breast constriction although this would have to be determined at a physical examination  There is nothing wrong with you or your breasts. This is a normal variation in breast appearance  however in our society we do not consider this attractive. Therefore you could have an anchor scar breast lift to bring the nipple and areola back into a more pleasing position . I personally feel that you have enough breast tissue and would not need an augmentation but that is an individual matter and you would have to discuss that with your plastic surgeon. Your best course of action would be to see a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in breast lift and reduction surgery 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
From your photos, you seem to have a fair amount of breast tissue already. You should be able to get a very nice result with just a breast lift. If you'd like to increase your breast size you could do so easily at the same time with an implant. Be sure to express your goals and expectations with your chosen surgeon. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

Breast Lift To Treat Ptosis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have grade 3 ptosis, where you nipples point to the floor. Essentially you have too much skin in your breasts and your nipples are too low. Correcting this can be done with a mastopexy, or breast lift. This procedure removes the excess skin and puts the nipple at the most projecting point of the breast. Many plastic surgeons do an augmentation/mastopexy where the volume of the breast is increased with an implant and the skin and nipple of the breast are lifted onto the implant. Size may be restricted and you may not be able to get as big of an implant as you would like when doing the procedures together. A surgeon may also opt to stage the procedures doing the mastopexy first and placing an implant at a later date.

Droopy Breasts in Your 20s

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your breast photo shows a significant degree of breast droop or ptosis. The best treatment for this would be a breast lift. Many patients opt to have an augmentation at the same time if they are interested in more volume overall or fullness in the upper portion of their breasts. You certainly seem to be a candidate for both a breast augmentation and a breast lift. 
You can choose either saline or silicone implants. I would recommend meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss which option(s) would be the best for you. As far as costs are concerned, I would guesstimate somewhere around $8k; that, of course, depends upon the implants you select and other specifics related to your procedure. 
Best of luck!

Breast lift and implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You unfortunately inherited a tendency to have ptotic or sagging breasts. Good news is this can be fixed with a breast lift which will elevate and reshape your breasts. It will also reposition your nipples. You seem to have quite a bit of breast volume now, but you could add implants at the same time if you wish. Cost vary region to region and surgeon to surgeon. Find a surgeon who does a lot of this work and who you like their photos. Good luck.

Dr Kayser

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately you have what is called ptosis or drooping. This is just the way you were born and had nothing to do with anything you did. The only correction to this is to perform a mastopexy or breast lift. This would significantly improve the shape and Contour of your breasts into a more youthful position. Although there are the more traditional upside down T SCAR or anchor approaches, there are also other techniques such as a lollipop approaches which can improve shape and reduce scarring. In any case, I would recommend a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in all these techniques. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Breast lift with or without implants for ptosis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question and photos. You appear to have what is known as grade 3 ptosis or sagginess of the breasts where your nipples are the lowermost part of your breasts. This is relatively common and can be corrected surgically with a breast lift (mastopexy) with or without implants. The vertical lift ( lollipop ) scar may be a good choice for you. It is best to see a board certified plastic surgeon in person to get the best advice for you. Good luck!Dr. Khuthaila


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You have grade iii ptosis.  To correct this, you would need a breast lift/mastopexy.  Make sure to seek out a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery  

Elliot Duboys, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.