I have had two temporary crowns and am experiencing a lot of pain? Is this serious of while it subside with time?

Last Tuesday I had two temporary crowns placed on my right side. One on top and one on bottom, they formally had large filing. There were no root canals performed. I had a lot of pain so I went back in today. My bite was off and there were some small gaps. So they made me new temps.and adjusted my bite. Its only been 6hrs but even when I was still numbed I had extreme pain. My throat is soar and the extra strength tyenol I am using doesn't seem to last. Could I give it some time or call back?

Pain with temporary #crowns #DrSoftTouch

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain. This can happen after a tooth is prepped for a crown. I would recommend giving it a few days to see if the pain subsides. If you are still experiencing the same pain after that, root canal therapy may be recommended. I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.

Pain After Temporary Crowns

I hate to hear that you are having discomfort, but this can happen after crowns are prepared for temporaries.  I would try to give it another few days to see if it subsides.  If not, your dentist may test the teeth to see if there could be an irreversible nerve problem.  Really too early to tell though.