Im pretty sure I need braces and jaw surgery. Where do I begin? What would you do? (photos)

Iv always stayed away from fixing this problem because i dont want to wear braces. Iv been seeing things about clarity advanced ceramic braces and they seem very discreet. If i could use this process I might be more open to this procedure. My top front tooth is slighty loose ,I have difficulties chewing and uneven ware on my teeth. I believe this could be deemed a medical necessity. How could I get this process started finding the treatment I want suitable and affordable for me?

Doctor Answers 2

Oral Cavity Concerns -- Seek an Oral Surgeon

I suggest contacting an orthodontist or oral surgeon for an in person consultation and evaluation of your oral cavity. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

Candidate for jaw surgery

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 154 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.