Implant displacement; in your opinion, can this be corrected without a follow up revision?

I underwent BA approximately 1 year ago. I had bottoming out on one breast and underwent a successful revision to correct about 6 weeks ago. My implant has now shifted to the medial side and is palpable/visible. My PS says that the pocket is a little tight on the lateral side. He has suggested wearing a racerback sports bra backwards to help manipulate the pocket. So far, it isn't working. Other suggestions? In your opinion, can this be corrected without a follow up revision?

About Capsular Contracture

#Capsular #Contraction is the scar tissue that forms around the implant is a natural response to a foreign object implanted in the body. The capsule can tighten and squeeze the implant making it firm. This is referred to as capsular contracture. This #firmness (breast capsule) can range from slight to very hard. The firmest ones can cause varying degrees of discomfort or pain. Capsular contracture can occur in one breast or both. Those experiencing this are candidates for Breast #Revision Surgery. An implant revision or exchange intends to replace the damaged #implants with new silicone or saline filled implants with newer technology. Secondary breast surgery can be #complex and needs to be done by an experienced plastic surgeon. The specific procedure to be performed will depend on the complications experienced and the condition of the implants.

Revision Time?

Thanks for your question.  You are very close to your surgical date and will see changes over the coming weeks and months.  Make sure to keep your post-operative appointments and let your surgeon know anything you are worried about.

Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks after revision

Good question.  6 weeks is too soon to consider if another revision will be necessary.  There certainly would be some residual swelling and also some softening can be anticipated.  Best to keep following up with your PS.  Good luck.

6 Weeks Post Procedure

At this point you would still have some inflammation and tightness than can be expected to soften naturally throughout the next few months. I recommend that you continue to follow your Plastic Surgeon's instructions and re-evaluate in a few months.

All the best

6 weeks is early  in recovery after breast implant pocket revision.  I think it is quite possible that the lateral pocket will become softer and better shaped.  It is always best to folly her surgeon's advice and not rely on Internet opinions.