Is 30 too young for a face lift? (photos)

I feel my face is droopy in the cheeks area. I would love a face lift and my mother who is 64 has had 2 facelifts. One at 40 and then again a 62. Due to our facial structure its easy to look jowly unless I hover at less than 100 lbs but then I look sick. Some people suggest fillers but my thought was if I address the drooping early ideally it won't get worse. I guess considering I am only 30 is this insane?

An early face lift sometimes makes sense

Thank you for your question about your face lift.

Some people do age early.
  • Your face suggests that at your age, fillers might be a better option, with surgery in 5 - 10 years.
  • But there are some changes in your neck, at least in the photo.
  • And early repair can produce excellent result.
  • Consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon, taking photos of your Mom at your age and at 40, if there are any. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Is 30 too young for a face lift

Thank you for your question, it is difficult to answer without a comprehensive evaluation.  There are many options available for facial rejuvenation that do not require surgery.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon should help you in determining the appropriateness of certain procedures for you.  Best wishes.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS

Droopy face

Although is there is no perfect age for a face lift, you might explore other options before committing to surgery. Filler may be a good option for you at this point. Have your face evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

30 is too young for a facelift.

You don't really have problems that faceless address. Volume deficiency in the periorbital area can be addressed with fillers. Other injectable therapy can be tailored to the aesthetic problems that bother you.

Is 30 too young for a face lift?

30 is too young for a face lift. From your photos it appears that improving facial fullness using autologous fat transplantation to your cheeks, zygoma, nasolabial folds, and the geniomandibular grooves, and may be your lips may be a better option for you. A preventive facelift , is as bad an idea as a "pre-emptive war", ie. having a war to prevent a war. Enjoy your youth and consider the fat grafts or even fillers as a temporary option to see whether you like the general direction of limited facial augmentation. Best wishes. Daniel Golshani, M.D., Beverly Hills.

S. Daniel Golshani, MD, FACS