I'm 2 days post op and I'm in excruciating pain. My implants feel like they are in my armpits.

..they hurt to touch and i can barely get up and i can barely move my arms

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Thank you for your question.  At only two days post-op, this is not uncommon.  Please be sure to seek the advice of your surgeon as to how to best manage the pain that you are experiencing.  For the next few months, please follow his or her instructions closely as to ensure optimal healing.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Excruciating Pain

When I hear excruciating pain after breast augmentation, that's a little out of line compared to what we usually hear. The only way to ascertain what's going on you seem by your plastic surgeon. Hope your recovery is uneventful. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Pain post aug

This is a bit unusual to have this mcu pain and I would see your surgeon to discuss this with him.Ice is good for swelling and helping with the pain.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Excruciating pain after implants

If you are in excruciating pain, then I suggest you contact your surgeon to be seen. This can be a sign of a hematoma.

I'm 2 days post op and I'm in excruciating pain

Thank you for your question. I am sorry you are in pain. I recommend to call your PS and discuss your issue right away. 

Excruciating pain following breast augmentation

While it is normal to have some discomfort following breast augmentation, it is not normal to have excruciating pain. Call you surgeon immediately and discuss this with them. They may want to see you to make sure nothing more serious is occurring. If that is the case they can adjust your medications to make you more comfortable until you discomfort starts to subside.

Excruciating pain after BA

Hello, is it not uncommon for patients to have pain and tenderness at your stage of healing, but it should be tolerable with pain medications.  I would suggest contacting your surgeon to ensure you are healing normally and to review options to make your postop course more comfortable.  I hope you get some relief.