Do I have enough fat to transfer for a BBL?

I am 5'2 and I weigh about 165 pounds but i can't really see the fat on my body ... So do I have enough for the bbl?

Brazilian Butt Lift candidate?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to advice you without any photos. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior.  Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person.  The amount of fat transferred depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires.  Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions as well as their expectations. An in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will be the best option to determine if you´re a good candidate for a fat transfer. Good luck!

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.  A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body this fat will grow and age with you.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Fat Transfer

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to give recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in fat transfer should be able to find enough fat to give you a pleasing result. That said, you might consider gluteal implants if there is not enough fat. You'll need to have a consultation for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

It is hard to tell without pics whether or not a good candidate, per your stats , yes you seem to have enough fat, good luck!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Enough Fat?

Without a physical exam, it's difficult to know if you have enough fat in your "target areas" to be able to achieve the results you desire.  I recommend consulting with a local/regional plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Since you havent provide any pictures I recommend you to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, besides you have a good weight for surgery it will be better that you have an evaluation, I think that you have enough to have noticeable results!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BBL

I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not. If you have little body fat, you may be a better candidate for buttock implants. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift and will help you achieve the “bubble butt” appearance you desire.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon